Don’t let it bug you!

Image result for pesticides for home and childrenDon’t let it bug you!

Children are at higher risk for health effects from exposure to pesticides than adults, because their internal organs are still developing and maturing. They can come into contact with pesticides stored or applied in their homes, yards, child care centers, schools, parks, or on pets. Babies and toddlers love to put their hands in their mouth. They also crawl and play on floors, grass, or in spaces that might contain pesticides. Because pesticides are still in many places in our environment, a child’s amount of exposure can add up quickly.

Take a moment today and make sure that any pesticides in your home are stored away in childproof areas.

For more ideas on preventing pesticide exposure for you family please visit the following AAP link: Protecting Children from Pesticides

Comments are closed.